2 cups salted butter, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ⅓ cups flour
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Grease a 10-cup loaf pan and set aside. Separate the eggs.
3. In a standing mixer or bowl with an electric beater, whisk the whites to stiff peaks. Set aside.
4. In a standing mixer or a bowl with an electric beater, combine the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks one by one, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
5. Remove the bowl from the mixer, and use a rubber spatula to carefully fold in the egg whites, followed by the flour.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 80 to 90 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Cool 2 hours in the pan before inverting and slicing.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooktop Cove