1 Cups Flourish Flour
1 cup quinoa flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup grated peeled apple
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons minced fresh chives or scallion greens
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners and spray the liners.
2. Whisk quinoa flour, Flourish flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
3. Whisk eggs, buttermilk, apple, oil and chives (or scallions) in a medium bowl.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Add half the cheese and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened; do not overmix.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
6. Bake the muffins until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before serving.
Fiber loves water and your recipes will too. You may notice your recipes will need a little more liquid (water, milk, or fruit juice) when using our flour.
For breads, rolls, and other yeast-raised baked goods: Increase liquids ¼ cup (60g) at a time until you reach the desired dough consistency.
For cookies: Increase liquids 1 tbs. (15g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.
For brownies, quick-breads, muffins, pancakes, waffles, pie crusts and more: Increase liquids 2 tbs. (30g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.