- 3-4 Ripe Bananas
- 1 1/2 cup Flourish Flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 – 1 cup walnuts
- Water for mixing
Standard KitchenAid Mixer - 5 Qt Bowl
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together in separate bowl.
- Mix brown sugar and melted butter on speed 3 for 2-3 min (until creamy)
- Add egg and vanilla extract Mix until homogenous – speed 3, 1-2 min.
- Mash bananas in separate bowl
- Add mashed bananas + flour to bowl. Mix 30 seconds on speed 2. Add water 1 tbs at a time to get proper batter viscosity.
- Add desired amount of walnuts. Mix 5-10 seconds. DO NOT OVER MIX
- Pour batter into greased 4x8" bread pan. Bake at 350F for 45 min – 1 hour (until toothpick comes out clean).
Fiber loves water and your recipes will too. You may notice your recipes will need a little more liquid (water, milk, or fruit juice) when using our flour.
For breads, rolls, and other yeast-raised baked goods: Increase liquids ¼ cup (60g) at a time until you reach the desired dough consistency.
For cookies: Increase liquids 1 tbs. (15g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.
For brownies, quick-breads, muffins, pancakes, waffles, pie crusts and more: Increase liquids 2 tbs. (30g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.