1 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons sugar, separated
1 cup Flourish Flour
1 cup whole milk, see notes
1/2 stick butter, melted
2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, rinsed and patted dry.
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Note: If using frozen berries, be sure to add them when they're frozen. If you let them thaw, they'll be mushy, and the consistency will be off.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of flour in a large bowl.
3. Stir in the milk, then the melted butter.
4. Mix until well-combined.Pour onto the bottom of a greased 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
5. Distribute the berries throughout the top. (They’ll sink in further as they bake.) If desired, you can sprinkle more berries on top once it's started to bake and set to keep those closer to the top.
6. About 30 minutes in.
7. Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar over the top, reserving 2 tablespoons for later.
8. Bake for 50 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons sugar on top.
9. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
11. Serve immediately, (with ice cream of course)!
Recipe Courtesy of Pioneer Woman