With Summer approaching, it's the perfect time to whip up something easy, delicious, aromatic, that can double as breakfast or dessert. What better treat that fills your home with irresistible sweetness and warmth, than a slight twist on classic banana bread? Inspired by Natasha's Kitchen, this recipe takes the benefits of Flourish flour, incorporating it with the goodness of ripe bananas, the indulgence of chocolate chips, and bakes it all into a moist and flavorful loaf. Whether you're planning a cozy brunch, or simply craving a chocolatey nightcap, this chocolate chip banana bread is an absolute winner. So grab those overripe bananas and let's dive into this recipe that will make your days even sweeter!
1/2 cup unsalted butter, (8 Tbsp), softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
3 bananas, (very ripe)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Flourish flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Grease and flour a bread loaf pan (9.25 inches in length, 5.25 inches in width, and 2.75 inches in depth).
- In a mixing bowl equipped with a paddle attachment, cream together 1/2 cup of softened butter and 2/3 cup of sugar. Gradually add 2 lightly beaten eggs.
- Use a fork to mash bananas until they reach a chunky applesauce-like consistency. Add the mashed bananas and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract to the mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking soda, and 1/2 tsp of salt. Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix until fully incorporated.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the batter. Transfer the batter to the prepared bread pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top, or feel free to incorporate directly into the batter.
- Bake the banana bread in the preheated oven at 350˚F for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the banana bread to rest for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool.
Baker's Pro Tip: if your banana is starting to brown, freeze them. We used defrosted bananas for this recipe!
Kravchuk, N. (2020, April 2). Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. NatashasKitchen.com. https://natashaskitchen.com/chocolate-chip-banana-bread/