Pancakes have long been a breakfast staple, but prepare to meet their irresistible, trendsetting cousin: Cinnamon Roll Pancakes. These delectable delights are set to win over hearts and palates alike, and the best part? They taste every bit as amazing as they appear!
Cream Cheese Frosting
4 tbsp unsalted butter
2 oz cream cheese room temperature
3/4 cup powdered sugar sifted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup butter melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup brown sugar packed
5 tbsp unsalted butter melted
1 tbsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- In a small saucepan, gently melt the butter over low heat.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and blend in the cream cheese until the mixture is almost smooth.
- Incorporate the powdered sugar and add the vanilla. Stir thoroughly and set the glaze aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients: buttermilk, milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Beat until well blended.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir using a wooden spoon until just combined (don't worry about lumps). Allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes.
Cinnamon Swirl Mixture:
- While the batter is resting, prepare the cinnamon swirl mixture. In a separate bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture to a squeeze bottle or a quart-sized zip-lock bag and cut off one corner for easy piping.
Cooking the Pancakes:
- Scoop the batter onto the cooking surface to form 4-inch pancakes.
- As bubbles begin to form in the batter, use the cinnamon mixture to pipe a swirl on top of each pancake. Start from the center and spiral outward.
- Cook until the bubbles start to burst, approximately 2-3 more minutes.
- Carefully flip the pancakes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the underside is golden brown.
- If necessary, wipe the pan clean between batches.
- Serve the pancakes topped with the cream cheese glaze.
Note: For greater efficiency, consider using an electric griddle to cook several pancakes at once.
Recipe inspired by Liluna!