3/4 cup unsalted butter (i.e 1.5 sticks; you will be melting this)
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 1/2 cups Hershey's cocoa powder (100% cacao natural unsweetened)
1 cup Flourish flour
1/4 cup vegetable oil
easy chocolate ganache (see notes section below for a firmer, traditional ganache using heavy cream)
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (i.e. 12 ounce bag)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter chopped into small cubes
1/2 cup whole milk (you can also use 2% or 1% but the ganache will be less firm so you will need to refrigerate and/or freeze brownies so frosting sets; see notes below)
Toppings - Sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.In a large microwave-safe bowl, add butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Microwave for 2 minutes, stir, then micowave for 30 more seconds.
2. Carefully remove bowl from microwave and stir until smooth. Let cool for 2-3 minutes.
3. To the butter and sugar mixture, stir in the eggs, egg yolk, vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, and cornstarch. Once combined, mix in cocoa powder and flour until just combined.
4. Stir in vegetable oil.Spray a light metal 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray, then press on a piece of parchment paper to cover the bottom and long sides to create a parchment sling.This will help you lift the brownies out of the pan so that you can cut them nicely.
5. Spread brownie batter into the prepared pan until smooth.