- 1 heaping cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups Flourish Flour
- 3 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp thawed orange juice concentrate
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine cranberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. Sift together flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Lightly beat together egg, buttermilk, orange juice concentrate. Add egg mixture and sweetened cranberries to dry ingredients, stirring just until well-combined. Spoon batter into 18 buttered muffin cups, filling two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in muffins comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- For cranberry butter, puree dried cranberries in food processor or blender. Add sugar, butter and lemon juice; process until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
Fiber loves water and your recipes will too. You may notice your recipes will need a little more liquid (water, milk, or fruit juice) when using our flour.
For breads, rolls, and other yeast-raised baked goods: Increase liquids ¼ cup (60g) at a time until you reach the desired dough consistency.
For cookies: Increase liquids 1 tbs. (15g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.
For brownies, quick-breads, muffins, pancakes, waffles, pie crusts and more: Increase liquids 2 tbs. (30g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.