1 cup boiling water
1 (3 oz.) box strawberry flavored Jell-o
1/2 cup cold water
1 (8 oz.) tub Cool-Whip non-dairy whipped topping
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pound strawberries, sliced thin
1-2 cups blueberries
1. Make cake as directed for a 9×13″ pan.
2. Let the cake cool for 20 minutes and “poke” the cake with a large fork all over.
3. Mix together the boiling water and Jell-o until the Jell-o is completely dissolved.
4. Pour in the cold water and mix well then pour evenly over the cake.
5. Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for three hours.
6. Combine the Cool-Whip, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla and beat until smooth with a hand mixer. Spread on top of cake. (Note- If you have any clumps of cream cheese in the frosting, it means your cream cheese was not softened enough.
7. Try heating the prepared frosting in the microwave for 20 seconds and stir well to get the frosting nice and smooth.)
8. Top with strawberry slices and blueberries to match the flag pattern. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Fiber loves water and your recipes will too. You may notice your recipes will need a little more liquid (water, milk, or fruit juice) when using our flour.
For breads, rolls, and other yeast-raised baked goods: Increase liquids ¼ cup (60g) at a time until you reach the desired dough consistency.
For cookies: Increase liquids 1 tbs. (15g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.
For brownies, quick-breads, muffins, pancakes, waffles, pie crusts and more: Increase liquids 2 tbs. (30g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.