Focaccia dough is a versatile and easy-to-make bread that's perfect for sandwiches, pizza crusts, and even as a snack. With just a few ingredients, you can make a delicious and soft dough that's perfect for any occasion. Plus, you can get creative with the toppings and make a unique focaccia each and every time. Follow these simple steps to make your own focaccia dough at home!
-5-7 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
-1 1/2 cups warm water
-1 1/4 teaspoon salt
-3 1/2 - 4 cups Flourish flour
-1 tablespoon instant yeast
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 4 tbsp olive oil with the warm water, salt, Flourish flour, and instant yeast. Mix on low until well combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape the side of the dish so that all of the dough is together in a large ball. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow it to rise in the fridge overnight.
- Once the dough is bubbly and happy, remove from the fridge and preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (191 degrees Celsius).
- Prepare a baking sheet or 9x13 dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil onto the lined sheet or dish and distribute evenly.
- Transfer the dough onto the baking sheet, and pour more olive oil (1-2 tbsp) on top of the dough.
- Using your fingers, gently poke the dough to create pockets for the olive oil and toppings.
- Add your toppings of choice to the dough. Rosemary, roasted veggies, olives, and feta are a few popular options.
- Bake for 25-30 min until the dough has reached a beautiful golden brown.
- Serve hot and preserve the leftovers with foil or plastic wrap.