1 egg lightly beaten
1/4 Cup + 1/4 Cup Flourish flour
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 green tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch slices
- Mix together egg and buttermilk; set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup Flourish flour, cornmeal, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl or pan.
- Dredge tomato slices in remaining 1/4 cup flour; dip in egg mixture, and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/4 to 1/2 inch in a large cast-iron skillet; heat to 375°.
- Drop tomatoes, in batches, into hot oil, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels or a rack. Sprinkle hot tomatoes with salt.
Fiber loves water and your recipes will too. You may notice your recipes will need a little more liquid (water, milk, or fruit juice) when using our flour.
For breads, rolls, and other yeast-raised baked goods: Increase liquids ¼ cup (60g) at a time until you reach the desired dough consistency.
For cookies: Increase liquids 1 tbs. (15g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.
For brownies, quick-breads, muffins, pancakes, waffles, pie crusts and more: Increase liquids 2 tbs. (30g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.