- 3 cups Flourish Flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl beat together butter and sugar on medium-high 3-4 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to medium. Add vanilla, almond extract, egg, and milk; mix to combine. Reduce speed to low.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, mix until combined. Transfer dough to a work surface. Knead to form a ball. If desired, cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to use.
- Dust work surface and a rolling pin with powdered sugar. Roll dough to ¼ inch thickness. Cut out shapes with desired cookie cutters. Decorate as desired. Place 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer to baking rack to cool. Decorate as desired.
Fiber loves water and your recipes will too. You may notice your recipes will need a little more liquid (water, milk, or fruit juice) when using our flour.
For breads, rolls, and other yeast-raised baked goods: Increase liquids ¼ cup (60g) at a time until you reach the desired dough consistency.
For cookies: Increase liquids 1 tbs. (15g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.
For brownies, quick-breads, muffins, pancakes, waffles, pie crusts and more: Increase liquids 2 tbs. (30g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.