3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 1/4 cups Flourish flour
2/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (see notes)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9x13 glass pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients (oats through salt) and mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl and add remaining ingredients (egg through vanilla extract).
- Stir the wet ingredients together in the well and then mix with the dry ingredients until well combined.
- It takes a minute to get everything coated so there are no traces of flour or oats left.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and pat down in an even layer. (You can wet your fingers with water and press it down that way if it’s sticky.)
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes in the pan and then cut into 14 bars and let cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Fiber loves water and your recipes will too. You may notice your recipes will need a little more liquid (water, milk, or fruit juice) when using our flour.
For breads, rolls, and other yeast-raised baked goods: Increase liquids ¼ cup (60g) at a time until you reach the desired dough consistency.
For cookies: Increase liquids 1 tbs. (15g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.
For brownies, quick-breads, muffins, pancakes, waffles, pie crusts and more: Increase liquids 2 tbs. (30g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.