If you're unfamiliar with Greek pita bread, prepare to embark on a culinary journey through the rich flavors of Mediterranean cuisine. Greek pita bread, a beloved staple, is the epitome of comfort food—a soft, fluffy, and perfectly golden bread. We tried @eatlikegreekwithjulie homemade pita bread recipe incorporated Flourish Flour - you'll not only delight your taste buds but also give you a boost of dietary fiber! Get ready to take your taste buds on a delightful and health-conscious Mediterranean adventure!
Recipe yields about 8-10 pitas
2 cups of Flourish Flour
1 packet of instant yeast
1 teaspoon of sugar
A pinch of salt
1 1/3 cups of warm water (gradually add as needed)
1/3 cup of olive oil
2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt
Olive oil (for drizzling during cooking)
- Combine Dry Ingredients: Begin by placing the following ingredients in a bowl:
- 2 cups of Flourish Flour
- 1 packet of instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Mix and Prepare Wet Ingredients: Stir these dry ingredients together, then add the following wet ingredients:
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/3 cups of warm water (a tip: gradually add water to Flourish)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt
- Form Dough: Mix these ingredients until they come together into a sticky dough.
- Knead and Add Flour: On a floured countertop, sprinkle 2-3 handfuls of flour. Transfer the sticky dough onto the floured surface and knead it until it becomes soft, smooth, and no longer overly sticky. If it sticks excessively to the counter, add more flour as needed. Keep kneading until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Rising Time: Place the kneaded dough back into the bowl and drizzle some olive oil over it. Cover the bowl and allow the dough to rise for 1.5 to 2 hours, or until it has doubled in size.
- Divide and Shape: Once the dough is ready, flour the countertop again and divide the dough into 8-10 equal portions. Flour each portion and use a rolling pin to flatten them into your desired size and thickness for the pita bread.
- Cooking: To cook the pita bread, drizzle a bit of olive oil on each side. Place the dough on a heated skillet or griddle over medium heat. When bubbles form on one side, flip it and cook for another 2-3 minutes until it's golden brown.
Enjoy your homemade Greek pita bread! Make sure tag us on social when you try it!
Recipe: @eatlikegreekwithjulie (link: https://fb.watch/mUaInNx-lC/?mibextid=7NjGMO)