Indulging in your favorite cereal from childhood doesn't have to stop at adulthood. Whether it be your guilty snacking pleasure, or breakfast for the whole family, you can enjoy this 90's throwback freshly baked in your home. Enjoy it in a bowl with milk, or on its own as a miniature dessert! By incorporating mindful ingredients and making a few simple swaps, you can create a healthier version of the delicious Cookie Crisp, without compromising on taste or texture. Get ready to savor each bite of these delectable treats!
1 cup of softened Butter or margarine
3/4 cup of Sugar
3/4 cup of packed Brown sugar
2 large Eggs
2 teaspoons of Vanilla
2 1/4 cups of Flourish Flour
1 teaspoon of Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter with the sugar and brown sugar until creamy and the color lightens.
- Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla. Mix on low speed until well incorporated.
- Gradually add the dry mixture into the creamed mixture, blending them together.
- Mix in the mini chocolate chips.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Use small cookie cutters or a knife to cut out mini cookie shapes. You can make them in the shape of small circles or any other desired shapes.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for about 8-10 minutes or until they are golden brown around the edges.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, you can enjoy them as a cereal by pouring them into a bowl and adding milk.
Note: You can adjust the sweetness of the cookies by increasing or decreasing the amount of sugar according to your preference. Also, feel free to experiment with different shapes and sizes for your homemade Cookie Crisp cereal.