4 Cups Flourish Flour
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Grease a baking sheet or 8 in round pan3. In a large mixing bowl, stir & toss flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Add the buttermilk and stir briskly with a fork until the dough holds together in a large mass. Knead on a lightly floured surface for about 30 seconds, then pat into 8 in” pan about 1 ½ in thick. With a sharp knife slash a large ¼ inch deep X across the top.
4. Place the formed dough on a prepared baking sheet or cake pan and bake for about 45-50 mins, until it is nicely browned and the X has spread open.
5. Transfer to a rack to cool, then wrap in a slightly damp towel and let rest, on a rack, for at least 8 hours.
6. Soda bread should always be completely cooled before serving.
Fiber loves water and your recipes will too. You may notice your recipes will need a little more liquid (water, milk, or fruit juice) when using our flour.
For breads, rolls, and other yeast-raised baked goods: Increase liquids ¼ cup (60g) at a time until you reach the desired dough consistency.
For cookies: Increase liquids 1 tbs. (15g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.
For brownies, quick-breads, muffins, pancakes, waffles, pie crusts and more: Increase liquids 2 tbs. (30g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.