Lemon Poppy Seed Bread Ingredients:
2 cups Flourish Flour
4 tsp poppy seeds
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup sour cream at room temperature
2/3 cup whole milk at room temperature
3 Tbs lemon juice
1 Tbs lemon zest
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups plain yogurt
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 Tbs lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 cups mixed berries
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Whisk the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg and granulated sugar together until combined.
3. Mix in oil, sour cream, milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Avoid over-mixing.
4. Pour the batter into greased loaf pan.
5. Bake for 50 minutes-60 min. To check for completion, insert a toothpick into loaf. If it comes out clean, the bread is done.
6. Cool bread completely, then cut into 1-2 inch cubes... no need to be exact!
1. Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix until combined and smooth.
- In a trifle dish, place a layer of bread, a layer of berries, followed by a layer of yogurt.
- Repeat this process until all ingredients are used.
- Easy as that! Enjoy!
Fiber loves water and your recipes will too. You may notice your recipes will need a little more liquid (water, milk, or fruit juice) when using our flour.
For breads, rolls, and other yeast-raised baked goods: Increase liquids ¼ cup (60g) at a time until you reach the desired dough consistency.
For cookies: Increase liquids 1 tbs. (15g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.
For brownies, quick-breads, muffins, pancakes, waffles, pie crusts and more: Increase liquids 2 tbs. (30g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.