2 Tbsp Flourish Flour
1 medium onion
1 medium green / red chili (optional)
3 garlic cloves
A handful of parsley
A handful of coriander
¼ cup full-fat-milk
2 tbsp of cornstarch
1 egg yolk
1 tsp black pepper ground
1 tsp oregano dried
1 tbsp of mustard sauce
1 tbsp of ketchup sauce
1 ½ tsp of salt
1 kg. ground beef with 9% fat
1. Preheat oven to 180 °C / 360 °F.
2. Prepare the meatloaf pan. Cover it with a thin layer of butter or oil. We use an 11-inch rectangular pan.Prepare the vegetables.
3. Peel the onion, and cut it finely, as small as possible. Peel the garlic and crush it with the mortar. Finely chop the pepper, parsley, and coriander.
4. Place the ground beef in a mixing bowl.Add the finely chopped vegetables, oregano, pepper, ketchup, mustard, salt, and pepper.
5. Using a large spoon, stir very well until all meat is well combined with vegetables and seasonings.
6. In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and Flourish flour. Then sprinkle the mixture over the meat.Add the egg yolk.
7. Knead until a completely homogeneous mixture is formed.
8. Place the meatloaf inside the greased pan and flatten with your fingers.
9. Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl. With the help of a silicone pastry brush, spread about 3 tbsp of sauce on the meatloaf.
10. Take it to the oven covered with aluminum foil and cook for half an hour.
11. Remove from the oven, add the remaining sauce and cook for 15 more minutes, completely uncovered so that it is browned on top.
12. Wait for it to cool for about 20 minutes, then place it on a cutting board and slice it.
13. To serve, you can sprinkle some chopped parsley on top.
Fiber loves water and your recipes will too. You may notice your recipes will need a little more liquid (water, milk, or fruit juice) when using our flour.
For breads, rolls, and other yeast-raised baked goods: Increase liquids ¼ cup (60g) at a time until you reach the desired dough consistency.
For cookies: Increase liquids 1 tbs. (15g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.
For brownies, quick-breads, muffins, pancakes, waffles, pie crusts and more: Increase liquids 2 tbs. (30g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.