1 ½ c quick oats
1 ½ c flourish flour
1 c brown sugar, lightly packed
1 c butter, melted
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 ½ c mixed berries, fresh or frozen (thawed if frozen)
Juice of ½ lemon
1 teaspoon corn starch
3 T sugar (more if berries are super tart)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl, mix together sugar, lemon juice, berries and corn starch and mix to combine. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, sea salt, and baking powder and whisk together. Add in melted butter and vanilla and stir to combine. 4. Mixture will be somewhat crumbly, and that is ok.
5. In an 8x8 in. pan, lined with parchment, press ⅔ of the oat mixture firmly into the pan. Add the berry mixture on top to cover evenly.
6. Sprinkle over the rest of the oat mixture to cover the berries.
7. Place in the oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until berries are bubbling and oats on the top are browned.
8.Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Recipe Courtesy of Lemons and Zest