- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 2 Cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 20 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Flourish Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lay the sheet of pie dough over a 9-inch pie pan, pressing the dough gently into the crimped edges. Cut away any excess dough so the dough is level with the top of the pan.
- Prick the base of the pastry with a fork.
- Lay half the sliced tomatoes evenly over the pastry. Scatter half the cheese and chopped basil over the tomatoes. Repeat with the rest of the tomatoes, cheese and basil.
- Mix the eggs and cream together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour carefully over the other ingredients in the pastry shell, leaving a little space for the mixture to rise slightly in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until the egg mixture is cooked and set.
Fiber loves water and your recipes will too. You may notice your recipes will need a little more liquid (water, milk, or fruit juice) when using our flour.
For breads, rolls, and other yeast-raised baked goods: Increase liquids ¼ cup (60g) at a time until you reach the desired dough consistency.
For cookies: Increase liquids 1 tbs. (15g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.
For brownies, quick-breads, muffins, pancakes, waffles, pie crusts and more: Increase liquids 2 tbs. (30g) at a time until you reach the desired batter or dough consistency.