Not only are figs a beautiful fruit to bake with, their sweet flavor with notes of honey-nectar can take your recipes to a whole new level. This decadent upside down fig cake by Morgan Lynzi is no exception. The drizzles of balsamic paired with a sweet ice cream will have your mouth watering. Enjoy this delightful fig and olive oil cake! It's the perfect dessert for any occasion.
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 cup coconut sugar
1 1/2 cups Flourish flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Herbs from 3 fresh sticks of rosemary and thyme
1/3 Olive Oil
2 large eggs whisked
1/2 cup plant-based Greek yogurt
Splash of plant-based milk
Olive oil drizzle
Coconut ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan with Flourish Flour.
- For the caramelized base: In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and sugar. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and arrange the fig slices in the center, working your way out to the edges.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Flourish flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and herbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sugar, eggs and plant-based yogurt. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Add a splash of plant-based milk to loosen the better up.
- Pour the batter over the figs in the prepared cake pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes before inverting it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To serve, drizzle the cake with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Top with ice cream, if desired.
- We would love to see how your cake turns out! Be sure to tag us @Flourish_Flour if you make this delicious recipe!
- Click here to watch Morgan Lynzi's Tiktok recipe for this upside fig cake https://www.tiktok.com/@morganlynzi/video/7150414321531604266?_r=1&_t=8eS6QR4aFmI