1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 zucchini squash shredded, about 3 cups
1 can 15 oz, corn, drained
1/2 cup Flourish flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup buttermilk
vegetable oil to fry
sour cream optional for serving
1. Place shredded zucchini in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Toss. Let stand for 10 minutes. Drain zucchini by placing a paper towel on the top of the bowl and pressing a separate bowl on top of that, so the paper towel soaks up the water.
2. Add butter, onion and garlic to a skillet and cook until onion is tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add corn to pan and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Stir in zucchini.
3. Add flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper and baking soda to a bowl and mix well. Stir in buttermilk and mix. Combine with zucchini mixture and mix well.
4. Heat a skillet with 1" of vegetable oil until hot. Use a 3 tablespoon portion scoop to scoop zucchini mix into skillet. Gently press to flatten to about 1/2". Fry on both sides, about 5 minutes each, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
5. Repeat until all fritters are cooked and serve immediately with sour cream if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Bubba Pie